Thursday, November 30, 2017

Color Me Happy Christmas Card - Stampin Up Global Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Hi stampers!  It's time for another ADT blog hop!  I can't believe we only have one more hop left this year!  It's gone so fast and I'm sure to get mushy and sentimental in next month's post ;-)  I still can't believe that I got to be a part of this amazing and talented group of stampers even for a little bit, let alone a whole year!

Anyway,  this hop is an "open hop" so you may see a few different things!  It was suggested at some point, that we could use the Color Me Happy Stamp Set and Kit to do something different with it.  I took that to mean on our hop for the Blends so I did a New Year's card with the lanterns.  But then I got to thinking, that I wanted to do something else to show the versatility of the kit and stamp set!  I have to say, this isn't really anything I would have put together left to my own devices but I love how this team challenges me!  I mean, the colors of the kit just don't scream Christmas, do they?

But, I'm ALL CHRISTMAS like all the time over here right now :-)  So, I wanted to create a Christmas card with the kit and I think I really like how it turned out!


I colored my birdies with cherry cobbler and old olive and I feel like it paired with the blue so well.  The colors are so rich!  I used the celebrate sentiment from the stamp set and pulled in the Christmas from Merry Cafe.  A bit of black really made all the colors pop.  A few of the little star sequins were the perfect finishing touch.


Again, this isn't a card I would have made on my own without the push of an "assignment" but I really, really, REALLY like it!  Find yourself a challenge and step outside your comfort zone, too!

But first, go visit Miriam in the Netherlands and see what she has for you, it's going to be amazing as always!



I hope you enjoyed my project and maybe it helps you see the Color Me Happy kit in a different light! 

Happy stamping!
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...