Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Stampin Blends

Hi stampers!  Happy November!  I hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween!  If you want another treat, you're in luck!  The Stampin' Blends markers are available today!


If you haven't heard about them, they are pretty awesome!  I'm not great at coloring nor do I enjoy it or find it relaxing like some people, but these markers may change that (well not the relaxing part lol). They really do make blending and coloring super easy.  They come in a darker shade and a lighter shade.  I like that there's only two, it makes it super simple for me!  They do take a bit of practice but once you start you'll want to keep going!  I do have a few tips:


  • Use our Momento Tuxedo Black ink only and allow it to dry for a bit before coloring.  Other inks will not work.
  • Use a light touch.  They lay down ink well and easily.  You can always add more but can't take it away (we do have a color lifter but it more pushes the ink around than really lifting it).
  • Use whisper white or thick whisper white cardstock.  Also, protect your work surface with scratch paper as alcohol markers do and will bleed through.  Do not use watercolor paper.
  • Don't get too close to the lines.  The ink tends to spread a little bit so be careful around the edges as it may seep over if you get too close.
  • Don't worry about staring with dark or light.  Do what you feel and experiment.  You'll figure out how you like to do it.  Practice, practice, practice!
  • Work in small sections at a time so the ink is still wet when you blend it.  And don't be afraid to blend different colors, not just the two shades.
  • Make sure to replace the caps each time you switch markers as it's alcohol so it will evaporate fast.
  • Don't drop your markers (see below lol) ;-)



Don't zoom in too close or you'll see the place I dropped my marker, lol!  But she was so cute, I had to use her!  I had NO desire for this set until I knew these markers were coming out and then I had to get it!

I did a Facebook live on them the other day so make sure to check that out on my page if you haven't.   FYI, it's not my best video lol! ;-)

And if I can color with these babies, you can too!

Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...