Friday, May 10, 2013

Fab Fri 18

Hi stampers!  Happy Friday!  I'm very happy it's the weekend...even though I've pretty much just sat around the house since my test on Wednesday, ha!  Maybe I can actually DO some things over the weekend....like finish my Artisan projects and get some laundry done and work out!  I'm feeling quite a bit better this evening and better than I was this morning.  I'm hoping I'll be in tip top shape to teach aerobics Saturday morning, eek!  Anyway, at least I was able to go to work this afternoon and not get stranded at the gas station thinking I was going to pass out :-)

And I got a whole season of Friday Night Lights under my belt while recovering so at least I had some eye candy and feel somewhat accomplished, lol!  I watched the show off and on when it was out but found it On Demand and I really missed out all those years!  It's a good show!!!!

So, I hope you have some time to play at Fab Friday this week.  From what I heard this challenge was...well...quite challenging for a lot of the DT.  But hang on before you blame me...it was suggested by one of them! :-)

I used a card I made last fall as inspiration because I thought the colors worked well!

Stampin' Supplies:
Stamps:  Oh, hello
Paper:  Soft suede, poetry prints DSP stack
Ink:  Soft suede
Accessories:  Raspberry ripple stitched satin ribbon, linen thread, the new buttons that the name has escaped me and in my invalid condition I'm not traipsing to the craft room to look---LOL!

It felt good to stamp...that's how you know that I feel crummy....I'm off for almost two whole days and I don't stamp!!!!  Anyone else out there like that? :-)  Don't forget to CASE your own cards sometimes if you're stuck for an idea.  YOU are your best inspiration!!!!  And I have to say that I wasn't in love the the DSP stack (I only have it because we got it free at regionals) but I REALLY liked the way this card turned out.  Funny how that happens sometimes!

Now, head on over the Fab Friday site and check out the rest of the cards and play along!

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

  1. hi mindy, I just wanted to say good luck. I'm Bethany Drew..I've been selling SU! for 9 years now. I tried out for the artisan award about 4 years ago now? anyhow..i'm trying for it again. I thought I would since i'm finally going to my FIRST CONVENTION! WOO HOO! I HOPE to meet you if you go. I love your style and your cards:) So, I wanted to wish you good luck:) I think you deserve to win....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, Minday....so striking with the Soft Suede base!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Mindy!!! Love the banners!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I probably won't respond unless you ask a direct question (because I know my limits, lol) but I read and appreciate every single one <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...